Re: Target and targetid on load and sumission element

Hi Nick,

At one point, the thinking around adding the targetref attribute to
submission was that it would start out in v1.1 only having a semantic
under replace="instance"/"text" but later be extended to having an
appropriate semantic for replace="all".
So, maybe the right course is to add targetref to load, and also to amend
your action item to update targetref on submission, rather than adding
targetid.

The differences are that the targetref expression can dynamically control
the target, but it makes a static target a bit harder.
However, the latter issue could be mitigated by having the semantic for
replac="all"  include recognition of a string literal, so that
targetid="X" could be achieved with targetref=" 'X' ".

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer & IBM Master Inventor
@johnboyerphd | boyerj@ca.ibm.com