W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > June 2012

Re: Agenda 2011-06-13

From: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:03:32 -0400
Message-ID: <CALm0LSGMxWFVm6EsJGz8rKy7BMUevtjTC8OR6F4M1-FaHahxdA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-forms@w3.org
Regrets - Conflicting meeting scheduled
Kurt Cagle
Invited Expert, XForms Working Group, W3C
Managing Editor, XMLToday.org
kurt.cagle@gmail.com
443-837-8725




On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Steven Pemberton
<Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>wrote:

> Regrets: none
>
> Chair: Steven Pemberton
> Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US (15:00Z, but back to 16:00Z during US
> Standard Time)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 93676 ("XFORM")
> Duration: 60 minutes
>
> Previous Minutes
> - http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/**Forms/wiki/Minutes<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Minutes>
>
> Minute takers rotation list:
> Philip, Uli, Kurt, Erik, Steven, Nick, John,
>
> Action Items and Tracker
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/**tracker/xforms/<http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/>
>
> Resolutions
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/**Forms/wiki/Resolutions<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Resolutions>
>
> =============
> AGENDA ITEMS:
> =============
>
> * Minute taker
>
> * Topic: Seneca report back
> [No link]
>
> * Topic: Namespace for functions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012May/**0034.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012May/0034.html>
>
> * Topic: Special changes for Common @model and @context
>
> * Topic: Spec review
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Jun/**0006.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jun/0006.html>
>
> * Topic: Promote model attribute to common attribute group
> http://www.w3.org/2012/06/06-**forms-minutes.html#item03<http://www.w3.org/2012/06/06-forms-minutes.html#item03>
>
> * Topic: FPWD
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Jun/**0000.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jun/0000.html>
>
> * Topic: Binding to text nodes
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Apr/**0053.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Apr/0053.html>
> (Did we complete this?)
>
> Future:
>
> - XForms Basic 1.0
> Needs to be published as note.  Any changes needed to patent policy?
>
> - Fix our shortname issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2007Nov/**0096.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-**versions<http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions>
>
> ---------------
> Announcements
> ---------------
> - XForms course in Rockville, Maryland, 8-9 June 2012
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2012Apr/0000.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2012Apr/0000.html>
>
>
> ----------------------------
> XForms Users Community Group
> ----------------------------
>
> * Chair: Leigh?
>
> - Move XHTML+XForms to Community Group
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Mar/**0041.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Mar/0041.html>
>
> - Implementation list moved to Community group
> http://www.w3.org/community/**xformsusers/wiki/XForms_**Implementations<http://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/wiki/XForms_Implementations>
>
> - Community Group Mail
> - public-xformsusers
> - public-xformsusers-contrib
> - internal-xformsusers
>
> - Community Group Goals
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Mar/**0031.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Mar/0031.html>
>
> ==============================**=
> PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
> ==============================**=
> ------------------------------**-
> News and XForms Implementations
> ------------------------------**-
>
> --------------------
> W3C Document Reviews
> --------------------
>
> ----------------------------
> XForms Implementor Questions
> ----------------------------
>
> + Reducing the amount of XForms markup by using more attributes instead of
> nested elements
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Feb/**0030.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0030.html>
> ACTION-1873 Steven Pemberton to analyze elements where @label @help @hint
> @alert and child text content for static value.
>
> ---------------------
> XForms Author Questions
> ---------------------
>
> - Submission namespace inclusion should recognize QName data nodes
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms-editor/**2009Nov/0002.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0002.html>
> Needs owner
>
> - Repeats and web service submissions don't work well together
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2009Nov/**0021.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Nov/0021.html>
> Needs owner
>
> - C. M. Sperberg-McQueen observation on tabbed interfaces, focus, etc
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0055.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0055.html>
> Discussed 2011-04-27 but
> still need someone to dis-entangle the issues and see what's 1.1/2.0/3.0
>
> + Move selected items from one select drop down to another one
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.html>
> Is this done?
>
> + XForms initialization use case
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Feb/**0015.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0015.html>
>
> -----------------
> XForms 1.1 Issues
> -----------------
> - Improving the XForms 1.1 test suite
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0017.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0017.html>
>
> - XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 XSD Schemas
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms-editor/**2009Nov/0003.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0003.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Mar/**0001.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0001.html>
> Owen Newnan has handed off his work
> Philip Fennel (was Leigh Klotz) to pick up
>
> ------------------------------**--------------
> Advancing XForms for HTML / XForms for XHTML
> ------------------------------**--------------
>
> + XHTML + XForms Validator
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Nov/**0025.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0025.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Nov/**0026.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0026.html>
>
> - XHTML + XForms
> - Leigh has action to write goals document from Cambridge F2F minutes
> -- Goals
> -- Assertions
> -- Examples
> -- Test Suite
>
> - Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2009Mar/**0044.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html>
>
> + XHTML + XForms Schema Update
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0031.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0031.html>
> Needs directory created (2010?)
> Needs Leigh's updates for RNC schema agreement with errata
> C.M. Sperberg McQueen asks that consider taking out the IDRefs
>
> - XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 RelaxNG Schemas
> Possibly need to produce a strict schema (maximal restriction of known
> interoperable usage) and a lax schema (for extensions).  Vendors will
> customize the strict schema to show what their implementations support,
> but not customize the lax schema.
>
> - Update TheMatrix
> http://www.w3.org/QA/TheMatrix
>
> ----------
> XForms 2.0
> ----------
>
> * Nick has some concerns about the "mutable" option for nodes created with
> the element()/attribute() functions.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-xformsusers/**
> 2012May/0001.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2012May/0001.html>
>
> * XPath 2.0: on bindings to atomic values and the result of the
> element()/attribute() functions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-xformsusers/**
> 2012Apr/0010.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2012Apr/0010.html>
>
>
> * XForms 2.0 Transform Module
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Apr/**0000.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Apr/0000.html>
>
>
> + Variables in XForms (Review Spec)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Jan/**0019.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jan/0019.html>
> Awaiting ACTION-1868: Erik Bruchez to summarize problems with error
> handling and three options for variable type handling.
> Awaiting ACTION-1869: Van den Bleeken to add note asking for
> implementation experience for variables in model.
>
> + Review load/@show='embed'; submission replace='embed'
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Feb/**0022.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0022.html>
> Awaiting ACTION-1872 from Leigh Klotz
>
> + Custom event context
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Dec/**0006.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Dec/0006.html>
> Awaiting ACTION-1875
>
> * Added optional id parameter to the context function
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Dec/**0004.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Dec/0004.html>
>
> + JSON Instances
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0006.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0006.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0007.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0007.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0008.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0008.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0009.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0009.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0010.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0010.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0011.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0011.html>
> Most recent messages:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0028.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0028.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0029.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0029.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jun/**0030.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0030.html>
> Need to get wiki write up started.
>
> + transform function module
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Apr/**0018.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0018.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Apr/**0019.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0019.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011May/**0014.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0014.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011May/**0015.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0015.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011May/**0021.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0021.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011May/**0019.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0019.html>
> and new
> http://docs.basex.org/wiki/**XSLT_Functions<http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XSLT_Functions>
>
> + Schematron validation (via transform)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2011May/0001.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011May/0001.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2011May/0002.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011May/0002.html>
>
> + label/@xml:lang, label/@model
> Discuss these remaining parts of Kurt Cagle's label/@for proposal.
>
> + Constraint-based alerts and MIP name, type, etc.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Jan/**0028.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jan/0028.html>
>
> + Note 2 on XForms 1.1 computational dependency definition. Short-circuting
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2011Jan/0003.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Jan/0003.html>
> are we done with this (ask John Boyer)
>
> + node creation functions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0024.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0024.html>
>
> * XForms 2.0 and XPath 2.0
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2012Feb/**0014.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0014.html>
>
> + Text Annotations
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Apr/**0000.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0000.html>
> Status report from Dan McCreary
>
> + Tree Controls
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Apr/**0000.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0000.html>
> Status report from Dan McCreary
>
> - Eventable and Presented
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Nov/**0007.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0007.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Nov/**0008.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0008.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Nov/**0009.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0009.html>
> Are we dropping this?
>
> + base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms
> function library? (RFE)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0012.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0012.html>
> Updated info:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0050.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0050.html>
>
> + eBMS Submission
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0037.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0037.html>
>
> - Making XForms 2.0 more RESTful: submission URI Templates and matrix URIs
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0020.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0020.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0033.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0033.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0039.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0039.html>
>
> + Dealing with HTTP response entities when response code is not 200 series
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0006.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0006.html>
>
> + XSLT Action Proposal from Claudius Teodorescu
> Old thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0036.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0036.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Sep/**0027.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0027.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0000.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0000.html>
> New action, now includes XProc
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-forms/2010Nov/0000.**html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Nov/0000.html>
>
> * node creation function use cases
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Nov/**0007.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0007.html>
> John asks for node creation function use cases.
>
> * Bidirectional value conversion
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Nov/**0027.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0027.html>
>
> * Error Handling
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2011Nov/**0027.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0027.html>
>
> + Improved UI Events
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Oct/**0010.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Oct/0010.html>
> Status?
>
> + model/@src use cases
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0003.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0003.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0004.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0004.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0005.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0005.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0017.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0017.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0018.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0018.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0019.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0019.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0020.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0020.html>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0021.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0021.html>
> Are we dropping this in favor of subforms?
>
> - Submit and Trigger Availability during (multiple) submissions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Jan/**0022.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0022.html>
>
> - The case for multiple XForms labels in a control
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2009Dec/**0027.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Dec/0027.html>
>
> + XML Events: proposal to extend filtering on the event phase
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Jan/**0018.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0018.html>
>
> - Better upload facilities
> -- Instant upload submission to server
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2009Oct/**0061.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Oct/0061.html>
> -- Easier handling of multiple uploads
> -- Easier extraction of an upload back to the end-user context
> -- Easier request to display an upload
> -- Better control of metadata associated with upload data
> -- http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/**firefox/3.6/releasenotes/<http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6/releasenotes/>
> -- multiple upload control?
> -- download?
>
> + Access Control / Cross-site requests ; Uniform Messaging Policy, Level
> One
> http://www.w3.org/TR/access-**control/<http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Jan/**0042.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0042.html>
> Needs owner
>
> ----------
> XForms 3.0
> ----------
>
> - XQuery+XForms
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/**Forms/wiki/XQuery<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XQuery>
>
> - XBL
>
> - For more, see:
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/**Forms/wiki/Future_Goals<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals>
>
> ==============================**===============
>
> IRC web client: http://irc.w3.org/
> (Stuck?  See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/public-forms/2010Apr/**0022.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0022.html>)
>
> [[Magic for irc channel:
>
> trackbot, start telecon
>
> %% Formerly the following:
> %%    /invite zakim
> %%    /invite rrsagent
> %%    zakim, this will be forms
> %%    rrsagent, make log public
> %%    Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
>
> Agenda: <url of this message>
> Chair: <whoever>
> Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
> Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
> Topic: <topic 1>
> ... minutes ...
> Resolution: ... resolution ...
> Topic: <topic 2>
> ...
> ACTION: <someone> to <something>
> ...
>
> Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/
>
> *** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
> actions?
>
> *** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
> zakim, bye
>
> *** rrsagent dismissal
> rrsagent, make minutes
> rrsagent, bye
>
> *** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
> *** are made, just invite rrsagent back
>
> ]]
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 15:04:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:57 UTC