ACTION-1857 Leigh Klotz to ask Erik Bruchez about http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jan/0013.html

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:23:14 -0800
To: public-forms@w3.org
Leigh & all,

[Starting new message as I didn't get the original message.]

We chose "placeholder" because it was explicit and directly speaks to
somebody familiar with the HTML 5 placeholder. We think
appearance="minimal" would work well here as well. So if the group
prefers "minimal" that's fine with us. In fact, we have just updated
our implementation to support "minimal" in addition to
"xxforms:placeholder" as well. [1]

To the question "What if both label and hint are minimal?" [2], our
implementation says that the label wins.

-Erik

[1] https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/commit/7ee27519bcbe6b73ca3889ad1e617070b6c04088
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jan/att-0018/2012-01-18.html