appearance on help, label, hint

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@Xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:30:49 -0800
To: public-forms@w3.org
Erik and Alex show using a custom appearance on label and hint to show
the label inside the form control, as in HTML5 input:

   http://blog.orbeon.com/2012/01/use-html5-placeholders-in-xforms.html

I think Mark Birbeck used to do this with appearance="compact" or
"minimal".

We had an extension in Chiba and now there's an implementation in
XSLTForms where appearance="minimal" on help turns the label into a
hyperlink which shows the help.  This works especially well when
integrated with host language @src or @href on help..

Leigh.