XBL

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:14:26 +0100
To: public-forms@w3.org
Well gang, we had a surprisingly constructive discussion at last week's
HCG, partly thanks to Art Barstow of Nokia and chair of Webapps having
polled people in Webapps on what they thought.

XBL has been in CR since 2007, and it looks like it will stay there unless
someone does something. Webapps doesn't have the implementations, nor
enough people interested enough to finish it.

The upshot of the discussion was: XForms can take XBL over if it wants.
Since we have the implementations, we could make the spec match what we
have, and then take it to PR/Rec. We might be asked to change its name.

The question is: do we have the time and cycles to do it?

Here is the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xbl-20070316/

The minutes of HCG are here:
http://www.w3.org/2011/03/11-hcg-minutes