Re: Draft minutes for 2011-01-12

Hi Leigh,

Some improvements for the minutes:

1) "Most implementations of XPath allow it ..." => "Most implementations
of XPath allow you to shut off short-circuiting ... "

2) "We think the spec is broken ... but ..." => "Because the spec says
references are only collected based on the nodes matched during an
evaluation, and the else part isn't evaluated.  We also think the spec is
broken... because... "

3) "So with if() versus if... that is the kind of thing that will change."
=> "So with if() versus if... that is the kind of thing where dynamic
dependencies and the need to do a rebuild will change in going from XPath
1.0 to 2.0."

I also believe the following attribution to Steven should be changed:

4) "That sounds a bit kludgey. In our system, we discovered not
circularity but math precision errors..."  => "That sounds a bit kludgey
but we did also find a reason to stop infinite processing in our system
from the eighties. We discovered not circularity but..."

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer, IBM Forms and Smarter Web Applications
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: