W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > January 2011

Agenda for 2011-01-04

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@Xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:05:39 -0800
Message-ID: <4D241843.8030805@Xerox.com>
To: public-forms@w3.org
Chair: Leigh Klotz
Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US (16:00Z, but back to 15:00Z during US DST)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 93676 ("XFORM")
Duration: 60 minutes

Previous Minutes:
- http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Minutes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0037.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Kenneth, Steven, Uli, Nick, John, Erik

Action Items and Tracker
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0012.html

=============
AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

---------------------
Administrative Issues
---------------------

* Action Items and Tracker
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0012.html

* IJCAI-11 CFP (Michael Chan)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Dec/0015.html

- Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

- HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines to FPWG
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jun/0002.html
Leigh to review for group comment?

* New last call for CSS 2.1
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0010.html

===============================
PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================
----------------------------
XForms Implementor Questions
----------------------------

---------------------
Form Author Questions
---------------------

-----------------
XForms 1.1 Issues
-----------------

* select1 and empty items
Latest:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Dec/0016.html
Previous Discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0018.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Dec/0005.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Dec/0006.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0031.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0033.html

+ XForms 1.1 load erratum Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2010Nov/0000.html

+ XForms 1.1 typo Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2010Nov/0001.html
Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum

- Improving the XForms 1.1 test suite
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0017.html

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 XSD Schemas
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0003.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0001.html
Owen Newnan has handed off his work
Philip Fennel (was Leigh Klotz) to pick up

--------------------------------------------
Advancing XForms for HTML / XForms for XHTML
--------------------------------------------

+ XHTML + XForms Validator
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0025.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0026.html

- XHTML + XForms
- Leigh has action to write goals document from Cambridge F2F minutes
-- Goals
-- Assertions
-- Examples
-- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html

+ XHTML + XForms Schema Update
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0031.html
Needs directory created (2010?)
Needs Leigh's updates for RNC schema agreement with errata

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 RelaxNG Schemas
Current status is that Philip Fennell is using NVDL to integrate
Changes requested by Erik Bruchez not yet reviewed.
Possibly need to produce a strict schema (maximal restriction of known 
interoperable usage) and a lax schema (for extensions).  Vendors will 
customize the strict schema to show what their implementations support, 
but not customize the lax schema.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0037.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0037.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0037.html

- Update TheMatrix
http://www.w3.org/QA/TheMatrix

----------
XForms 1.2
----------
* XQuery
New development: JavaScript XQuery library
http://www.xqib.org/?p=15

+ Eventable and Presented
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0007.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0008.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0009.html
What is the status?

+ XForms 1.2 Category
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Category:XForms12
Pick of the items below (or in the category) and discuss for n minutes.

+ base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms 
function library? (RFE)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0012.html
Updated info:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0050.html

+ XForms 1.2 regex and REPLACE functions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0051.html

+ eBMS Submission
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0037.html

+  C. M. Sperberg-McQueen observation on tabbed interfaces, focus, etc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0055.html
Need someone to dis-entangle the issues and see what's 1.1/1.2/2.0

- Making XForms 1.2 more RESTful: submission URI Templates and matrix URIs
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0020.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0033.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0039.html

- Dealing with HTTP response entities when response code is not 200 series
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0006.html

+ XSLT Action Proposal from Claudius Teodorescu
Old thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0036.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0027.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0000.html
New action, now includes XProc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Nov/0000.html

+ @iterate
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010May/0005.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010May/att-0025/2010-05-26.html#topic6
Continue discussing from last month weeks ago

+ Improved UI Events
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Oct/0010.html
Status?

+ Dependencies for XPath Evaluation
Question from Alain Couthures
Cross-posted:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0031.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Apr/0024.html

+ node creation functions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0024.html

+ model/@src use cases
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0003.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0004.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0005.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0017.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0018.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0020.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0021.html
Awaiting proposals (XBL2 profile, XI, others) from Leigh, Erik, John, Steven

+ XForms initialization use case
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0015.html

- Submit and Trigger Availability during (multiple) submissions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0022.html

- The case for multiple XForms labels in a control
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Dec/0027.html

+ XML Events: proposal to extend filtering on the event phase
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0018.html

* JSON Serialization / Badgerfish
Latest from Alain Couthures:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Dec/0014.html
Previously:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0036.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0040.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0043.html
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/25-forms-minutes.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0043.html
http://www.agencexml.com/jsoncallback/wikipediasearch.xml
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Feb/0003.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt

* JSON / Alain Couthures XML Prague paper
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0032.html
More discussion?

- Better upload facilities
-- Instant upload submission to server
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Oct/0061.html
-- Easier handling of multiple uploads
-- Easier extraction of an upload back to the end-user context
-- Easier request to display an upload
-- Better control of metadata associated with upload data
-- http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6/releasenotes/
-- multiple upload control?
-- download?

+ Access Control / Cross-site requests ; Uniform Messaging Policy, Level One
http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0042.html
Is John Boyer willing to take this on?

- Submission namespace inclusion should recognize QName data nodes
Needs owner
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0002.html

- Repeats and web service submissions don't work well together
Needs owner
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Nov/0021.html

----------
XForms 2.0
----------

* W3C HTML/XML Task Force
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Dec/0034.html
Report from Alain Couthures or Kurt Cagle?

For more, see:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals

=============================================

IRC web client: http://irc.w3.org/
(Stuck?  See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0022.html )

[[Magic for irc channel:

trackbot, start telecon
%% Formerly the following:
%%    /invite zakim
%%    /invite rrsagent
%%    zakim, this will be forms
%%    rrsagent, make log public
%%    Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference

Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 5 January 2011 07:06:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:54 UTC