Expand data model of ref to an arbitrary sequence

From: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:50:51 +0000
To: Public Forms <public-forms@w3.org>
You have use cases were you want to repeat over a sequence of atomic values.

Example: <xf:repeat ref="1 to 5">

Are we going to expand the data model of ref to an arbitrary sequence? Or should we introduce a separate attribute for this?

I prefer to extend the data model of ref (we deprecated node set to make it easier for the form editor). I know that it might be a bit strange to reference things that aren't in an instance, but I don't think that it justifies the complexity of adding another attribute for it.

Kind regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken
R&D Manager

Phone: +32 3 821 01 70