Re: XForms 1.1 erratum for select and select1 and ordering of help/hint/alert/action

Oh... ha.  I hadn't realized this is what you were asking me, Leigh.

I had thought you were asking me if it would be better to allow
*arbitrary* mixing of UI common elements with list UI common elements,
e.g. some help, some items, some actions, an itemset, an alert, some more
items, ...

My supposition is that at least some run-time implementations would have
no problem with this, but undoubtedly some will.  That being said, I
believe that whoever does have problems with it will almost always prefer
*your* RNG way of fixing this because it would be easier to get themselves
into conformance.

The action item I received [1] did indeed request putting UI common both
before and after the List, but your RNG way is an alternative change I
could really get behind because it remains easy to specify and to encode
in XML schema without a surgery and makes the minimal change that fixes
the authoring problem we intended to fix.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Dec/att-0021/2009-12-09-v2.html#ACTION2

Please post a correction if you think the following will not work.

For select1 and select, rather than

        <xsd:element name="select1">
                <xsd:complexType>
                        <xsd:sequence>
                                <xsd:element ref="xforms:label"/>
                                <xsd:group ref="xforms:UI.Common"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xsd:group ref="xforms:List.UI.Common"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                <xsd:group ref="xforms:UI.Common"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                        </xsd:sequence>

a change that would synch with the RNG fix would seem to be:

        <xsd:element name="select1">
                <xsd:complexType>
                        <xsd:sequence>
                                <xsd:element ref="xforms:label"/>
                                <xsd:choice>
                                        <xsd:sequence>
                                                <xsd:group
ref="xforms:UI.Common" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                                <xsd:group
ref="xforms:List.UI.Common" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                        </xsd:sequence>
                                        <xsd:sequence>
                                                <xsd:group
ref="xforms:List.UI.Common" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                                <xsd:group
ref="xforms:UI.Common" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                                        </xsd:sequence>
                                </xsd:choice>
                        </xsd:sequence>

Thanks,