RE: xf:transform for XForms 1.2

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:37:06 -0700
To: Leigh L Klotz Jr <leigh.klotz@xerox.com>, "public-forms@w3.org" <public-forms@w3.org>
Although I made the suggestion about the resource element/attribute for the transform action URI, I'd much prefer to see the 'transformer' loaded into an instance and referenced that via a bind rather than directly dereferencing it.

1) In-line transforms
2) Load event handling via xforms-submit-* events
3) The ability to generate and/or transform transformers
4) Dynamic transformer URIs (xf:resource element)
5) Transformer validation
6) Constraints/events based upon transformer content

Obviously the single URI attribute is very succinct but you loose an awful lot of potential if you go solely down that path.

Regards

Philip Fennell
Consultant
MarkLogic Corporation
Mobile +44 (0) 7824 830 866
email  Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com
web    www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.