W3C Forms teleconference November 17, 2010

* Present

Alain Couthuries, AgenceXML
John Boyer, IBM
Leigh Klotz, Xerox (minutes)
Nick van den Bleeken, Inventive Designers
Steven Pemberton, CWI/W3C (chair)
Uli Lissé, DreamLab

* Agenda


* Regrets

* Previous Minutes

* Action Item Updates

Nick van: I don't have the list updated yet.
Leigh Klotz: Maybe it's time to write an XForms front end for it.
Nick van: I tried with Mark Seaborne. The format is Topic Map. We decided to use a database but that was too much work.
Steven Pemberton: What's the format?
Nick van: We need to regenerate it but I can give you an example. It uses topic maps with ids and crosslinks. Every action is four XML elements with crosslinks.
Uli Lissé: http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/
Steven Pemberton: It's true, we could.
Nick van: I don't have the script anymore; I converted to tracker format, and Mark and I worked on it. But it doesn't have resolutions and links. We spent several weeks on it and we asked for an extra table, but never got it. We'd then lose the resolutions.
Leigh Klotz: Another option is just to use the wiki.
Steven Pemberton: Uh uh.
Nick van: Hmm. The list is quite long. I have a history of actions, so it will be long on the wiki.
Leigh Klotz: I'm looking for a way to share keeping it up and that's going to require centralized storage.
John Boyer: I think the wiki is a good idea; I wonder if we can automatically conver it, like you've done for wikitext and src.
Leigh Klotz: Or like json serialization but for wiki text.
Steven Pemberton: The IRC trackbot works as well. You can query by user. It creates a page for each action.
Nick van: I have a sql converter that we can use to pre-populate it and not close all the ones in the IRC already.
Steven Pemberton: What do you need to do?
Nick van: I have an XSLT that creates the SQL.
Steven Pemberton: I'll ask about possibilities.

* XForms 1.2

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_1.2 http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/actions/648

Steven Pemberton: I created the starter XForms 1.2 wiki spec. It's lightly edited.
John Boyer: The appendices are coming out as additional sections.
Steven Pemberton: It may be a stylesheet issue.
Nick van: No, it's in the HTML. Same for 1.1. I could do something.
Steven Pemberton: John, is it of the essence that appendices be lettered instead of numbered?
Nick van: Or we can update it when we publish.
John Boyer: Also the depth-diagram.gif in 16.4 is missing. http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_1.2#Example_of_Calculation_Processing

* XForms 1.1 errata

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2010Nov/0000.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2010Nov/0001.html

Steven Pemberton: These are fixed in 1.2 already. What do we do in 1.1?
John Boyer: As long as there is an action item. Can we go with the wiki version from now on?
Steven Pemberton: That's good to hear. http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/actions/650

* XHTML Modularization and RNC/XSD for XHTML+XForms

Leigh Klotz: XHTML+RDFa does modularization using XHTML Modularization.
Steven Pemberton: We don't have to touch XHTML at all. It uses XHTML modularization. There are Schema, DTD, and RelaxNG Versions of M12N. The trick is that the XHTML schemas have hooks in them.
Leigh Klotz: There's an M12N schema for XHTML? I'm using James Clark's schema. Philip was using NVDL.
Steven Pemberton: I believe Shane McCarron is publishing it as a note. It is based on James Clark's.
Leigh Klotz: Then we should pick back up with what I did.
Steven Pemberton: Depending on how it fits back into the validator. You and Philip and I should talk to Shane.
Leigh Klotz: Philip wants NVDL for oXygen, but we need to make two decisions: best way to do validator and best way to write the prose.
Steven Pemberton: I'll talk to Shane. http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/actions/651

* Editorial Assignment Review

Leigh Klotz: Do we want to discuss who is doing what as this juncture?
Steven Pemberton: I'd like to add names to the items in XForms 1.2 category.
Leigh Klotz: There might be a wiki way of doing that.
John Boyer: We can do some for people here today and get partially through it.
Steven Pemberton: Three or four twiddles.
Leigh Klotz: Four puts in the date.
Leigh Klotz: Put this in. ûûCategory:Editorýý ~~~
Steven Pemberton: Wouldn't it be useful to add category unassigned?
Leigh Klotz: We need the lifecycle: proposed, editor, rejected.
Nick van: We can create a template with unassigned in it.
Leigh Klotz: For going forward.
Steven Pemberton: Proposed is different from editor so we need unassigned.
John Boyer: proposed/accepted, editor/unassigned.
Leigh Klotz: proposed/accepted/rejected, editor/unassigned.
Steven Pemberton: Proposed/Accepted/Rejected, Editor/Unassigned
John Boyer: Editor is only for Accepted.
Leigh Klotz: Or proposed.
Steven Pemberton: Sounds good.
Leigh Klotz: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Load_Embedding
John Boyer: Is there a quick way to get XForms 1.2 and Accepted?
Leigh Klotz: Let's just only put Accepted on 1.2 features? Or change XForms 1.2 to XForms1.2Proposed. I think it doesn't matter until we start working on 2.0 featuers.
Steven Pemberton: I think we're OK on this.
Steven Pemberton: So action for everyone to go claim their issues:

Action 2010-11-17.1: Everyone to go claim their sections in XForms 12 wiki.

* Next Steps

Steven Pemberton: OK, there's no point in starting new discussions given the time, so go claim your bits and pieces and start writing.
Nick van: You're going to ask about the tracker import?
Steven Pemberton: Yes.

* IRC Minutes


* Meeting Ends