Parse and serialize function

From: Nick Van den Bleeken <Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:40:47 +0200
To: "public-forms@w3.org" <public-forms@w3.org>
All,

When moving the xf:parse() function to a separate page (together with xf:serialize()) I realized that I should have a look to the XPath 2.1 functions [1]. And yes, both functions are in the new version of XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators 1.1 [2].

So I'm not that sure anymore that we should add those functions to our spec. Maybe we could create a section that explains how an XForms implementation that has an XPath 1.0 processor could/should implement the functions from the XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators 1.0 and 1.1 (there would be limitations but I think this could be a step stone from XPath 1.0 to XPath 2.0.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken
R&D Manager

Phone: +32 3 821 01 70