Re: Implementors please read: poll about select1 and empty values

Hi Erik,

Quick notes:

1) The poll is not about the question you answered in this email.  I think
we pretty much answered the original question with the "exact string
match" behavior that you use everywhere except on initial load, so
adjusting your initial load to be a string match without trimming would be
best considering the answer we sent out already.

2) The poll question is asking what happens to a select1 when the ref of
the select1 binds to a node with empty content and the select1 contains an
item whose value is empty.  To make it easy, say you use appearance="full"
so that you get a radio button group.  Let the item with the empty value
be the middle of three item elements in the select1.  Does the radio group
show no items selected or does it show the middle item as selected?

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer, IBM Forms and Smarter Web Applications
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: