Re: New XPath extension function called xslt(), versus XSLT as an action

John,

Well, at least for XSLTForms, there is an appreciable difference in
speed because, with an action, the text result has to be parsed and
stored in specific DOM-like objects then serialized in Javascript. It's
also much easier for developers not to have to write actions on events.

Wouldn't it be more interesting to consider dependencies with ancestors:
if a node has changed, all its ancestors have too??

Thanks!

-Alain