News about XForms 1.1 Advancement

Dear Forms WG,

The director's actual decision is in a W3C team only email link, which I
can't access, but as can be seen in the email from Philippe below, we have
permission to advance XForms 1.1 to recommendation.

Philippe asked if the document could be ready for publication next
Tuesday, so I've prepared and updated the document to reflect Oct. 20 as
the publication date. The errata document, and the process for generating
future versions of it, also needed amendment.

While at it, it seemed that the group had considered well enough the two
small editorial issues regarding the relevant property and the submission
process, and that it would be inappropriate to use more group time on the
details due to the seeming obviousness of fixes.  Thus, I made editorial
amendments to sections 6.1.4 and 11.2, with diff marks to enable
comparison to the PR.

I've ensured the new document still pass the pubrules, and I prepared all
information related to the publication request and sent the same.  Then, I
prepared information related to requesting the transition announcement,
including collecting together all testimonials, and sent the transition
announcement request.

Although not yet confirmed, the best information I have at this point is
that XForms 1.1 will be published as a W3C Recommendation on Oct. 20,
2009.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: