Re: [XHR] LC comments from the XForms Working Group

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:24:48 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> It would change the conformance criteria. I'm not sure that's a good
>> idea. Especially since the use case put forward is mostly theoretical.
>>  Overall, I'm still not convinced this is a good idea.
>
> It doesn't seem necessarily that theoretical to me, for what it's
> worth.  Anne, do you happen to have a more or less complete list of the
> current dependencies of XHR on Window, buy chance?  I think that
> information would be very helpful in seeing where things stand.

To wrap this up, I changed XMLHttpRequest some time ago so it can be used
in other contexts as well now. If you reuse it you have to define the
XMLHttpRequest origin and XMLHttpRequest base URL.

My apologies for being a bit stubborn on this earlier. It was mostly
because I was hesitant reworking how everything was put together, but it
turned out that had to happen anyway.

Hopefully it can now be of use to the Forms WG.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/