Re: Node Creation XPath Functions

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:27:19 -0700
To: Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
>> One thing needs to be precised: when writing xf:element("foobar"), is
>> the default namespace used or not?
> I changed the text for resolving the namespaces of the qualified
> names to: "If the qualified name is not of type xs:QName the
> namespace of the element is resolved using the in-scope namespaces
> (the in-scope default namespace is used for qualified  names that
> are unprefixed)"

I think this makes sense given that XSLT and XQuery do this too:

   "If the namespace attribute is not present then the QName is
expanded into an expanded-QName using the namespace declarations in
effect for the xsl:element element, including any default namespace
declaration." [1]

   and

   "If the element name has no namespace prefix, it is implicitly
qualified by the default element/type namespace."

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#xsl-element
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-11/#id-element-constructor