Re: Deprecating DOMFocusIn/DOMFocusOut

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:38:09 -0400
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
CC: Jacob Rossi <t-jacobr@microsoft.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-forms@w3.org" <public-forms@w3.org>
Garrett Smith wrote:
>> focus, blur, focusin, and focusout can be registered on any element which is "focusable."
>>

> Too bad that that is not what actually happens in IE.
[snip stuff about onclick]

The onclick stuff has nothing to do with where focus* and blur can be
registered, so I'm not sure where the "Too bad that that is not what
actually happens in IE" thing came from.

The click stuff is also somewhat off-topic for this thread; can we
please stay on topic?

-Boris