RE: label in message

Hi Leigh,

I agree we do need to get around to dialog.

However, message is not always implemented by alert, for example its
implementation in the Ubiquity XForms processor is the more modern
dialog-like UI control that you describe.  And yet we still can't control
the dialog caption in such a simple case.  Regardless of when dialog shows
up, I'd still advocate this twiddle of message as a simple and minor
dot-release fix.

As for dialog, we did a huge triage to separate 1.2 from 2.0 features, and
in the interest of higher productivity, all manner of features like dialog
have gone to 2.09.  Basically, if it is a small fix to an existing
feature, it belongs in 1.2, but if it is a larger feature it is in 2.0.
There is nothing stopping interested working group members from developing
some content, and the place to do that for dialog is [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Dialogs

But our problem is that we are not even getting very much velocity getting
through 1.2 because we are getting very little weekly effort from most
working group members beyond coming to the telecon, and we'll need to fix
that first.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: