A possible newsletter

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:02:25 -0800
To: public-forms@w3.org
Dear Forms team,

I sent the following status report on the working group to the Hypertext
Coordination Group, after which Mark suggested that the content could be
reused as the basis of a newsletter/update to www-forms.  What do you
think?  Possibly including the link to Raman's blog entry in the first

> The working group had its face to face meeting at Google the week of
Feb. 9,
> as well as a virtual face-to-face day on Feb. 5.
> Much of the group work recently has been devoted to ironing out
> in the substantial test suite for XForms 1.1, an exercise that is in
> parallel with implementers' preparation of their full implementation
> for XForms 1.1.  The test suite contains over 400 tests, and as of Feb.
> we have 7 tests requiring two more passing implementations and 53 tests
> requiring one more passing implementation [1].  Implementers are
> working to complete implementations of these few remaining features,
> which the working group will be able to request advancement of XForms
> PR.
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0049.html
> At the end of 2008, the working group published "XForms for HTML".  As
> this recommendation track document provides attributes and script
> intended for use in HTML, including HTML5, it is important to get review
> feedback from the HTML WG.
> The working group has put effort into modularization of XForms, to
> the various components for independent use.  However, the working group
> feels that the modularization of the markup modules is not the right
> approach to take and instead wants to first considerhow the AJAX
> community could benefit from XForms capabilities, then determine what
> do those considerations warrant, and then determine what component
> of XForms are needed to support those APIs.
> Meanwhile, the working group continues to focus further development of
> XForms 1.2 on just those features needed to support XForms for HTML plus
> further incremental refinements that have shown themselves to be needed
> the years of ongoing XForms 1.1 adoption.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications

Blog RSS feed: