It seems I misread the spec regarding SOAP bindings

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:09:19 -0800
To: Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
All,

It seems that yesterday I missed the following from the spec:

"If the instance data being submitted has as its root element node a
SOAP envelope in the SOAP 1.1 namespace (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
), then:"

So please ignore most of the messages I sent yesterday about
application/soap+xml vs. text/xml.

My comment about 11.11.2.a remains: I am not sure what this one is
meant to test.