Re: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 12/17/09 2:22 PM, Klotz, Leigh wrote:
>> Thank you for the clarification.  Surely then this ought to be
>> fixed with an IETF or W3C document describing this fact
>
> After some pushback, there is in fact such a document being worked
> on. It's not quite far enough to reference normatively last I
> checked....
>
>> Is it defined in http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft ?
>
> Yep.

It's expected that at some point soon, all of the necessary rules for
processing URLish strings in a Web-compatible way will be defined in
the next version of the IRI RFC. Current draft: <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis-07
 >. However, not all the necessary definitions are in there yet. We
should change our reference to IRIbis when it is ready.

Regards,
Maciej