RE: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

If this is the case, it shouldn't be too much work then to take out the parts that don't need to be implemented and put them into a separate, rec-track document entitled roughly "XHR for HTML5."
Leigh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonas Sicking [mailto:jonas@sicking.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:04 PM
To: Klotz, Leigh
Cc: Ian Hickson; Anne van Kesteren; WebApps WG; Forms WG
Subject: Re: XMLHttpRequest Comments from W3C Forms WG

Note that just referring to a few specific concepts defined in HTML5 does not force anyone to implement the rest of HTML5. As things stand right now it's quite possible to implement XMLHttpRequest according to spec, without implementing almost anything in the HTML5 spec.

Put it another way, abstracting out these concepts from the HTML5 spec would on a technical level not change what anyone would need to implement.

/ Jonas