Significant update to "WebForms-A" (the streamlined syntax module)

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:47:28 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Dear working group,

I've done a significant update to the streamlined syntax module at [1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/streamlined/index-all.html

In particular, I amalgamated the suggestions from the telecon about its
name, resulting in the strategically meaningful name WebForms-A.

I also made many amendments to the data initialization piece, plus adding
a good example that shows our data instance generation in the face of both
element hierarchy and multiple controls binding to the same element. Also,
note that the syntax is HTML rather than well-formed XML.

There is also lots more information on the direction of the spec in the
rough sections of the spec.  Next up will be the repetition model and
submission, which will both be seen to be fairly straightforward.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications

Blog RSS feed: