comments for schema 1.1 in xforms

From: Kenneth Sklander <kenneth@sklander.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:04:53 +0200
To: Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
I  have read through the XML schema 1.1 datatypes & structures to look
if it would be suitable for  a future version of xforms to use these
specifications.

XML schema 1.1 adds several useful addition and I believe that the
Forms WG should make use of XML schema 1.1.

As an implementor we have not yet implemented XML schema 1.1
structures (only 1.1 datatypes), so the evaluation of structures is
not based on implementation experience.

Features that I find especially useful includes:
- Assertion, including XPath 2.0 assertions on types (complex & simple).
- looser requirements for determinism of the the content models using
wildcards. - more useful for authors although it might be slightly
harder for implementors supporting incremental validation.

Datatypes
The Forms WG will be users of the XML schema 1.1 Datatypes
specification.

The changes and additions to the datatypes specification for version
1.1 is supported and support for making it a recommendation

Comments:

5.4  minimal conformance of decimal

incoherency between the decimal value less than 10^16 and that it is
expressible by sixteen total digits, since the fractional part can be
larger than 16 digits and the absolute value of the decimal is less
than 10^16.

Limits within the the valuespace of a decimal64 is acceptable for
minimal conformance.

Structures

The Forms WG will be users of the XML schema 1.1 Datatypes
specification.

The XML schema 1.1 structures document contains several additions that
are making XML schema 1.1 even more useful for Forms.

2.2.4.3 Assertions.

We support assertions on all definitions, including simple types.