Re: Naming the forms/attribute technology [was Re: Discussion points for "Forms-A"]

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:51:47 +0000
To: "Charles F Wiecha" <wiecha@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>, public-forms@w3.org, public-forms-request@w3.org

Hi Charlie,

> Well, we're the Forms WG and I had thought it was kind of a nice parallelism
> that we have two specs which derive from the "Forms" name -- one is the
> XML-centric version (XForms) and the other is the Attribute-centric version
> (Forms-A).

Fair enough...I see that, now. :)

> I'm happy to go either way in terms of the hyphens etc but keeping this
> focused on variations on the term "Forms" seems kind of nice...Charlie

I think the hyphen thing is pretty important. A search for Forms-A in
Google is much the same as a search for "Forms A". I'm hearing phrases
like "encouraging adoption", so it would be quite nice to not make
this any more difficult than it needs to be. ;)

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane