Re: Incorrect type definitions for xforms:dayTimeDuration and xforms:yearMonthDuration

This is the point where I get to complain as working group chair that we
as a team are not doing a good enough job of producing implementation
reports that will advance XForms 1.1 CR through to full Recommendation.

How does this relate to the errors reported, you ask?  Well, the problem
is that this has already been fixed in the editor's draft, and it has been
fixed for so long [1] that it is becoming hard to remember these things
are fixed.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2007Dec/0003.html

With apologies for using this issue as a platform... It's been too long.
We *really* need the members of this group to devote more time to
reporting their results so that we can advance the work we are all
deploying to the field to W3C Recommendation.  We can't keep living on the
editor's draft because most people, including working group members, are
going to the published spec.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed:

Incorrect type definitions for xforms:dayTimeDuration and
xforms:yearMonthDuration

Both type definitions say name="email", which is obviously wrong:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#dt-dayTimeDuration
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#dt-yearMonthDuration

http://www.orbeon.com/