Fw: Spec examples probably incorrect

Making sure I don't miss this.

----- Forwarded by John Boyer/CanWest/IBM on 11/19/2008 08:37 PM -----

From:
John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
To:
Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Cc:
www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org
Date:
11/19/2008 03:02 PM
Re: Spec examples probably incorrect

Yes, agree those examples need to be corrected.
Could look at adding value attribute in more places in future versions,
but using output in the message should be quite good enough for 1.1 (in
the sense that "that's what we meant, if not what we said in every
example").

The submission example is already ripe for change, since it already has
the output in the message, so the ref just needs to be a value attribute
instead.  The example in the structure model section needs the
output-with-value to be added in lieu of a ref on the message element
itself.  Finally, it would be easy to add a note to the message element
section that linked to these two other locations for further examples,
rather than inventing still more examples.

In any case, thanks, that is a good catch!

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: