Question about nested XForms actions and ev:observer

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:32:10 -0700
To: "public-forms (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

All,

Consider the following submission, located in a proper place so that
the outermost <xforms:action> element can react to a DOMActivate event:

<xforms:action ev:event="DOMActivate">
     <xforms:send submission="my-submission"/>
     <xforms:action ev:event="xforms-submit" ev:observer="my-
submission">
     </xforms:action>
     <xforms:action ev:event="xforms-submit-done" ev:observer="my-
submission">
     </xforms:action>
</xforms:action>

A few questions:

* Is it legal for the nested actions to have ev:event and ev:observer
attributes?

* If so, do the nested <xforms:action> element actually register as
event handlers on the specified observers?

* Are those executed in the flow of the outermost action, if that
action is triggered?

-Erik

PS: Clearly, I could write these actions as follows:

<xforms:action ev:event="DOMActivate">
     <xforms:send submission="my-submission"/>
</xforms:action>
<xforms:action ev:event="xforms-submit" ev:observer="my-submission">
</xforms:action>
<xforms:action ev:event="xforms-submit-done" ev:observer="my-
submission">
</xforms:action>

But still, bear with me and assume I want to do the nesting, for the
sake of seeing these questions answered ;-)