Re: Today's quick check of ubiquity

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:41:05 +0100
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: "Charles F Wiecha" <wiecha@us.ibm.com>, "Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>, "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>

Hi John,

> We don't have branches quite yet, but the idea over time is that pointing at
> the branches would be safer than the trunk for real applications, but for
> experimentation, you should just point at the trunk.

The first branch is actually there already, as described here:

  <http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-xforms/wiki/UsingTheLibrary>

As you say, it's safer to use the branches, since they will always be
there, and so an author can be sure they are working against a fixed
code base that won't change underneath them.

Regards,

Mark

--
 Mark Birbeck

 mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
 http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

 x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
 The registered office is at:

 2nd Floor
 Titchfield House
 69-85 Tabernacle Street