W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > May 2008

Re: TELECON AGENDA: 14 MAY 2008

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:02:33 +0100
Message-ID: <a707f8300805140602n46a2db93vc9d96885c12f8e0a@mail.gmail.com>
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: public-forms <public-forms@w3.org>

Hi John,

I'll have to send my apologies today, due to work commitments.

Also, I'll be away next week, due to travelling.

Regards,

Mark


2008/5/14 John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>:
>
> Regrets so far: None
> Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
> Duration: 90 minutes
>
> Previous minutes:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0006.html
> IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2008/05/07-forms-minutes.html
>
> Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
> Joern, Blake, Kenneth, David, Rafael, MarkB, Charlie, MarkS,
> Raman, Sebastian, Erik, Susan, Nick, Keith, Ulrich, Rogelio
>
> AGENDA ITEMS:
> =============
> * = to be discussed
>
> REPORTS (5 minutes)
> ===================
>
> Upcoming telecons
>
> * Next FtF (June 9-12, Amsterdam)
>
> The Forms Newsletter
>
> XForms 1.1
>
> XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1
>
> Rich Web Application Backplane
>
>
> ACTION ITEMS (5 minutes)
> =========================
> Action Item List:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0014.html
>
> Those with >= 10 actions should commit to taking down one specific
> action item from their list this week. Can't be one someone else
> has already done.  Which one?
>
> BUG FIX ISSUES (5 minutes)
> ==========================
> Fix definition of Validity (TBD May 21*)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0118.html
> - Looking for resolution to make changes identified in
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0133.html
>
> Expression dependencies and dynamic dependencies (TBD May 28)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0100.html
>
> Non-selected case and non-relevant group
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0051.html
>
> Offlist ping about answer for charset and encoding (action MarkB on May 2)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Mar/0060.html
>
> The meaning of message
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0013.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0011.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0010.html
>
> The repeat-* attributes
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006OctDec/0232.html
>
>
> ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES (5 minutes)
> =================================
> * Forms Task Force
>
> - Strawman "architecture alignment" response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0068.html
>
> - Latest in thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0084.html
>
> - Need responses to
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Apr/0024.html
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Apr/0017.html
>
>
> Fix our shortname issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
> http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions
>
> Marketing of XForms
> Name/Tagline:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0060.html
> Community:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0054.html
>
> Yahoo!
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0010.html
>
>
> FUTURE VERSION ISSUES (70 minutes)
> ==================================
> * Form tag(s), implied model(s)
> - Got resolution last week on basic principle of adding form tag
> - Need to discussion minor point #1 and #2 in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0013.html
>
> * Implied submission with form tag and/or with submit
> - The submit element would use default submission of form tag,
>   but seems useful to be able to imply a further submission by
>   using submission attributes on submit
> - Looking for resolution of above
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0063.html
>
> * Explicit models as inner (nested) models of implicit model, external
> models with src
> - Need to discuss #3 in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0013.html
>
> - Looking for resolution that expressed models within a form tag
>   can use src for external definition and that they are processed
>   as inner models to the implied model.  Resolution implies adding
>   these concepts to XForms proper.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0108.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0066.html
>
> * Specifying initial value
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Mar/0097.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Mar/0053.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Mar/0052.html
>
> Some meanings for use of name attribute
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0065.html
>
> Continue with streamlined XForms development
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0054.html
>
> Message Module
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0081.html
>
> We should automate boolean-from-string() on the boolean MIPs (relevant,
> readonly, constraint)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Feb/0077.html
>
> We should allow the result of calculate to be cast according to the assigned
> datatype,
> e.g. no need to call boolean-from-string() if calculate assigns to a boolean
> node.
>
> Make progress on the XForms message module
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XForms_message_module
>
> Make progress on Model improvements (optional model, nested model, external
> model)
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Make_model_optional
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Nested_models_for_convenient_grouping_and_composition
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Externally_defined_models_with_src_attribute
>
>
> =============================================
>
> [[Magic for irc channel:
>
> /invite zakim
> zakim, this will be forms
> /invite rrsagent
> rrsagent, make log public
>
> Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
> Agenda: <url of this message>
> Chair: <whoever>
> Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
> Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
> Topic: <topic 1>
> ... minutes ...
> Resolution: ... resolution ...
> Topic: <topic 2>
> ...
> ACTION: <someone> to <something>
> ...
>
> Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/
>
> *** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
> actions?
>
> *** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
> zakim, bye
>
> *** rrsagent dismissal
> rrsagent, make minutes
> rrsagent, bye
>
> *** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
> *** are made, just invite rrsagent back
>
> ]]



-- 
 Mark Birbeck

 mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
 http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

 x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
 The registered office is at:

 2nd Floor
 Titchfield House
 69-85 Tabernacle Street
 London
 EC2A 4RR
Received on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 13:03:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:48 UTC