Bootnote (was Re: [css3-namespace] Last call comments from XHTML2 WG

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:11:34 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>, www-style@w3.org, "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>, "XHTML WG" <public-xhtml2@w3.org>

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:02:11 +0200, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

> I am willing to be shown I am wrong, but I assert that there has never
> been a change made to CSS that changes how existing rules work (before
> this change we are discussing).

While not a change to CSS, there actually has been something comparable.

I was at a conference, and talking to the author of a popular book about
the Web, and he was moaning about how he had never been able to get his
stylesheets to work interoperably across different UA's.

I told him one thing and he said, and I quote, "That one piece of advice
has more than justified the whole cost of coming to this conference".

(I could just see those hours of debugging evaporating off him).

Know what I told him about?

Steven