Re: [css3-namespace] Last call comments from XHTML2 WG

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:18:13 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> Steven Pemberton wrote:
>>  Are you rejecting the comment to add text pointing it out and advising
>> against it if you want level-agnostic stylesheets as well?
>
> Yes, because depending on what you're doing default namespaces may be
> the better way to get a level-agnostic style sheet.
>
> ~fantasai

In that case, yes, the XHTML2 WG would like to record a formal objection.

This is a change in the philosophical underpinnings of CSS, and how upward
and downward compatibility is intended to be maintained in CSS, and while
we are willing to accept that you do not wish to remove or deprecate this
change, we think the least you can do is point it out in the spec, and
explain how to deal with it.

Best wishes,

For the XHTML2 WG,
Steven Pemberton