Re: [XHR] LC comments from the XForms Working Group

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I suppose. Though it would create some path in the XMLHttpRequest
> specification we can't really test and it's not clear to me why we
> should do that.

Because if it's low-cost, and lets people reuse the specification, it's a win.
Whoever comes up with another embedding of XHR would write the tests for it, of
course.  Otherwise their specification wouldn't have that whole test suite thing
needed to exit CR.

> Also, I forgot to mention that the definition of origin in HTML5 depends
> on Window and we really want to use the HTML5 definition of origin.

Again, it seems like this could be handled by requiring that anyone using XHR
not in a Window specify how one gets an origin from the object that the XHR
constructor is on (or from the current scope object, whichever XHR is using).

Or would that not work for some reason?

-Boris