Re: Yahoo! introduces mobile XForms

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:47:21 +0100
To: "Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@formsplayer.com>, "Dharmesh Mistry" <Dharmesh.Mistry@edgeipk.com>
Cc: "Erik Bruchez" <ebruchez@orbeon.com>, public-forms@w3.org, www-forms@w3.org

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:35:15 +0100, Mark Birbeck
<mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com> wrote:
> The mark-up is not like XForms at all, so it won't work in an XForms
> implementation that I know of. And although they say that they have
> borrowed the XForms binding approach I couldn't find any examples in
> the documentation.

I see several examples, such as:

	<input ref="accountNumber">
	  <label>Account Number</label>
	  <hint>Enter your 16-digit account number here.</hint>
	</input>

I see submission, submit, trigger, select1, secret, ...

So I think that their markup is really XForms. What I suspect is that it
gets transformed to the device depending on the device properties (as
several Mobile XForms systems do).

Steven