Re: XForms and Adobe Forms - WAI Version 1 AA Compliant

Nuno Job wrote:
> I've never used Adobe Forms but XForms is a international standard by
> the W3C and therefor should not be compared to proprietary software.

Assuming "Adobe Forms" means PDF forms, then we're talking about an
open-to-all-implementors standard submitted to ISO[*], with wide
cross-platform deployment including not only Adobe Reader but also
client software not made by Adobe (e.g. Apple Preview and Foxit Reader).
I wouldn't recommend it over HTML forms at all, but I don't think it's
fair to dismiss in terms of proprietary software versus international
standards.

 > So just use standard XHTML forms and you'll be ok.

Or, better yet, standard /HTML 4.01/ forms supported by the most popular
browser on earth. ;)

[*] See:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2007/01/pdf_governance.cfm

http://blog.fawny.org/2007/01/29/pdf-iso/