Re: Progress on Functions Module(s)

Hi Erik,

I think it cannot be bundled with context() because context() is provided
by the binding attributes module.
It is at least conceivable that people want to use these function modules
without using binding attributes.

Perhaps one way to have current() appear in a more "Generic,
Miscellaneous, Really Useful Functions" bucket is to rename the
"Conditional functions" to "Utility functions" or some such.

I put current() in conditionals because it is always getting used to help
implement conditional behavior in an XPath, e.g. you always need it so you
can implement a predicate of some kind, e.g. to help make a selection
across a table based on a key value someplace else other than in the
table.  I also put it there because I can't imagine a more important
bundle of functions for doing XForms.  You may not use count-non-empty()
all that much, but choose(), current(), current() and yes even if() show
up all the time in forms.

So, if we are to avoid creating a module just for current(), the
conditionals seemed the best place based on what the function is used to
do.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member