Note about SOAP submission and mediatype/encoding charset change to XForms 1.1

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 16:23:36 -0700
To: public-forms <public-forms@w3.org>
An updated editor's draft of XForms 1.1 is now available from the working
group home page.

It contains the change requested by the working group to SOAP submission.

However, the focus of discussion by the working group was on the charset
placed into the Accept header, which is specific to the GET operation. But
 the same charset operations happen for the Content-Type header in the
POST case, so I assumed it was appropriate to make the analogous change
there.

This affects the test suite.

Also, it should be clear that, due to this change, the Accept header (get)
and the Content-type header (post) will *always* have a charset MIME
parameter because the encoding attribute has a default of UTF-8.  I don't
think this is a problem, just an observation that hopefully everyone else
also doesn't think is a problem.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member