Action 2008-08-6.3: Leigh Klotz to propose a breakdown ofXForms1.2 xpathFunctions into multiple modules today

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@Xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 10:06:19 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org

     Date and Time Functions

     Node-set Functions
         count-non-empty()
         current()

     Conditional Functions
         if()
         choose()
         compare()
         boolean-from-string()

is-card-number stands alone, as perhaps it should.  For reference, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xforms-datamodel-20000406/#finance-methods

We proposed moving those functions from the old XForms Data Model spec
(Raggett et. al.) on the basis of W3C member comments that the
preponderance of such functions make it look like the proposal was for
an e-commerce language.

I did not pursue the idea of separating out our XPath 1.0 extensions
that have XPath 2.0 equivalents (such as compare) or
replacements-in-kind (such as if), but I feel that we should mark those
in some way in the eventual recommendation text.

Leigh.