Re: First drafts of XPath functions module and Binding attributes module now done

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:49:52 +0100
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: public-forms <public-forms@w3.org>

Hi John,

Great work.

I've only scanned them, but one quick comment on the XPath functions
module is that it incorporates the XPath 1.0 core functions.

I was thinking that the XForms XPath functions module would simply be
a list of functions that anyone could use, giving them useful features
like credit card checking, encryption, date manipulation, etc. But
whether they incorporate XPath core -- and indeed which version of
XPath core they choose -- is entirely up to them.

Obviously that means that XForms 1.2 would need to incorporate both
the XPath 1.0 core functions, *and* this new XForms XPath functions
module, but it also means, for example, that XForms 2 could choose to
incorporate XPath 2, whilst still incorporating this same XForms
function module.

Regards,

Mark

--