RE: Renaming target attribute of submission

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:55:06 -0700
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>, "Forms WG (new)" <public-forms@w3.org>
Cc: <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Gee, I like it...

From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of John Boyer
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 4:54 PM
To: Forms WG (new)
Cc: steven.pemberton@cwi.nl
Subject: Renaming target attribute of submission

Not to preempt Steven's action item to figure out a new name, but I was
travelling through the submission text for other reasons, and it seems
we have pretty consistent language around the term 'response'.  Also,
this is the name that Leigh suggested on the last telecon (I think we
got caught up in discussing the problems with it being a child element,
and didn't therefore notice it might be a good name for the attribute).

So, what about 'response' as a new name for 'target'?  The response
attribute would provide an XPath to indicate where to put the submission

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher

Blog RSS feed: