Re: Fw: XForms 1.2 Design Principles, Forms Architecture

Hi John,

It seems that I am the only one that doesn't likes to have a language that
has different elements (with different attribute names) that do similar
things. I personally like to keep a 'programming' language so simple as
possible (no synonyms for language constructs for example). Because you
now require an author to know both syntaxes because he almost never works
alone on it and the other guy is likely to use the other construct that
the first one is used to. But I think I already stressed this opinion in
my previous e-mail(s) and I'm not going to repeat myself anymore. Everyone
knows my standpoint, and if the group wants to add the old html elements
to the Core XForms language, then I just need to get used to learn all
those new elements which enable you to do things we already can do with
other elements.

A last thing I would like to say about this is that I feel that it is
against what we were saying in Raleigh, I think that the form, fieldset
and option elements are good candidates to put in a Module XForms for HTML
Form Authors (or in separate modules).

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development Manager
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com