Re: new hash attribute for input ?

Hi Julien,

In XForms 1.1 we already added the digest function [1]. It allows you to
specify the hash algorithm like the "hash" attributes in webforms2.

It also has an optional parameter that indicates the encoding parameter,
to let you overide the default base64 encoding with hex encoding.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com

PS: The samples still use the old name (hash-encode) of the function, but
this already corrected in the cvs version of XForms 1.1.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#fn-digest

public-forms-request@w3.org wrote on 09/01/2007 07:24:21 PM:

> Hi
>
> is there any interest for this "hash" attribute ?
> it would be a good point to help improving (a bit) security.
> http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-
> August/thread.html#12385
>

> thanks
> Regards