From: public-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:public-forms-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of John Boyer
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 7:32 AM
To: Steven Pemberton
Cc: Forms WG; public-forms-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: Quick proposal: method="get" be default on submission
element

Hi Steven,

Having a default seems like a great idea.
At first, "get" seemed like a good choice, but then I realized that we
are setting the default in such a way that transmission of tag value
pairs, not XML, is the default.  From that point of view, wouldn't
"post" be the better default?

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer>

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org

10/05/2007 07:31 AM

"Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>
cc
Subject
Quick proposal: method="get" be default on submission element

While writing examples for the submission section, it struck me that we

may as well have *some* default for submission@method, and since it
usually seems to be get, I would like to propose that. Then the simplest

submission would be something like:

                <submission action="http://www.example.com/search
<http://www.example.com/search> " />

Steven