Re: Quick proposal: method="get" be default on submission element

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:32:24 -0700
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: "Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>, public-forms-request@w3.org
Hi Steven,

Having a default seems like a great idea.
At first, "get" seemed like a good choice, but then I realized that we are
setting the default in such a way that transmission of tag value pairs,
not XML, is the default.  From that point of view, wouldn't "post" be the
better default?

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
10/05/2007 07:31 AM

"Forms WG" <public-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
Quick proposal: method="get" be default on submission element

While writing examples for the submission section, it struck me that we
may as well have *some* default for submission@method, and since it
usually seems to be get, I would like to propose that. Then the simplest
submission would be something like:

                 <submission action="http://www.example.com/search" />

Steven