Small contraditction in readonly update spec?

From: <Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:58:46 +0200
To: boyerj@ca.ibm.com, "public-forms " <public-forms@w3.org>

John,

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but if I read [1] ("This operation may fail if
processing of the target attribute (including its default) yields a
readonly node or a non-element node.") I come to the conclusion that:

1) when replace is 'text' submission fails if the node of which the
content is going to be replaced is readonly
-> This is simular as doing a setvalue action on a node, so I think this
is correct

2) when replace is 'instance' submission fails if the node that is going
to be replaced is readonly
-> I think this is not desired. I think it should fail if the parent of
the target node that is going to be replaced is readonly. Otherwise it is
not similar to a delete followed by an insert action, what is similar to
doing a replace of type 'instance'.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com