Re: 15 Insert/Delete Examples updated in Editor's draft

Thanks Erik.  I took it the right way.
Thanks also for being very responsive during the face to face time to
reading and considering these final changes we were making to the CR spec.

Yes agreed that the particular wording does allow insertion of PIs and
comments into the root node.  Because the result of an xpath could be the
root node, the choice was to make it an error or make it work.  Since it
could work in a manner consistent with everything else, making an error
seemed to be an unnecessary limitation.

I do like it better now; you were right that it really does make things
simpler, which we need for insert, so I am glad you insisted.

:-)
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
11/05/2007 10:45 PM
Please respond to
ebruchez@orbeon.com

public-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
Re: 15 Insert/Delete Examples updated in Editor's draft

John,

Wow, you are a real "bourreau de travail" (in a good way ;-).

I like the more explicit approach used in point 7a of section
10.3. One question about the following:

   "If the insert location node is the root node of an instance (which
    is the parent of the root element), and the cloned node is not an
    element, then the target location is before the first child of the
    insert location node."

I assume this is intended to allow inserting PIs and comments as
children of a document node, right? I believe that this case was not
explicitly considered before, but I think it is good to allow this.

I also like the fact that 10.3.7d and B4 now makes it clearer that we
are not considering attributes as an ordered list, and the rationale
given is very good too.

So it seems that if I read 10.3 and B4 well, everything is now as I
expected it to be wrt xforms:insert :-) Yay!

-Erik

http://www.orbeon.com/