Re: readonly on trigger, etc.

Erik,

Erik Bruchez wrote:
> <snip/>
 >
> Mmm... Maybe I read between the lines, maybe not. Here is the text I
> am referring to:
>
>   "When a group becomes non-relevant, it must receive event
>    xforms-disabled and then the XForms action handlers that are
>    listening for events on the non-relevant group must be
>    disabled. When a non-relevant group changes to being relevant, the
>    XForms action handlers that listen for events on the group must
>    become enabled and then the group must receive the event
>    xforms-enabled."
>
> It seems that this does not preclude an implementation to send other
> MIPs to the group. However, it is not very clear whether it MUST send
> other MIP events. Consider section "4.3.4 The xforms-refresh Event",
> which dictates how MIP events are dispatched:
>
>  "4. For each *form control* [...]" (emphasis mine)
>
> Is xforms:group an XForms control? Not according to the categorization
> of the table of contents! Which seems to indicate that the spec does
> not mandate that MIP events other than xforms-enabled/xforms-disabled
> be dispatched to xforms:group, bound or not. Nor does it explicitly
> preclude it, but that's guesswork then.
>
> Does anybody see more on this topic in the spec?

in section "4.1 Events Overview" [1] the second paragraph reads:

Throughout this chapter, each reference to "form control" as a target
element is a shorthand for any of the following elements: input, secret,
textarea, output, upload, trigger, range, submit, select, select1, or
*group*.

Regards,
Uli.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/index-all.html#rpm-events