Introduction of MarkS

From: Mark Seaborne <mark@picoforms.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:46:10 +0100
To: public-forms@w3.org

Hello,

I notice that I am an agenda item today, so I thought I would save time
by introducing myself by e-mail.

XForms History
=============
Some of you may remember me as a member of the WG up until about a year
ago, I think. I was the quiet guy who usually took the minutes, in the
absence of Leigh at that time. In those far gone days I represented the
UK Life Assurance Industry (well, an organisation called Origo, which
represents the UK Life Assurance Industry), a potential user group,
rather than an implementer.

Current Employment
==================
This May I finally left Origo, after a prolonged disagreement over the
exact definition of the word "sandal". Is a sandal an open-toed shoe,
or visa versa? To this day I still do not know.

Soon after, Kenneth Sklander found me wandering, confused along the
east coast of Scotland, and out of the kindness of his heart, gave me
meaningful employment and the opportunity to rejoin this group. So here
I am!

Professional Background
=======================
I have an academic background in information science, and a long
history of working with XML and electronic forms, mostly B2B.

Personal Background
I am a 42 year old English person, with a small wife and three ravenous
children to support. My hobbies include topiary, campanology and
extreme tautology. I hold the wold endurance record for withstanding
the most Boyerisms in one sitting without requiring hospitalisation.

I can supply haggis for F2F meetings at very reasonable prices.

All the best

MarkS