RE: Last draft of F2F minutes for Hawthorne

Hi Leigh,

Great minutes as always.

On 13 June, the following sentence attributed to me is not correct:

The node gets on the change list for recalculate dependencies but it
doesn't get recalculated.

It should say

The node gets on the change list for recalculate dependencies and so it
gets recalculated.

Also, the following paragraph attributed to me is incomplete:

We may have to change words to make it clearer: the other part of the spec
says what happens; this part of the spec is subject to 4.3.6. We have to
change this to make it do what 4.3.6 says.

It should say

We may have to change words to make it clearer: the other part of the spec
says what happens; this part of the spec is subject to 4.3.6. If there is
a problem, then we would have to change the appendix to make it do what
4.3.6 says, but I thought it was pretty clear because I use the term
'reachable'.  It's a graph algorithm term so I didn't define it further,
but a node is always reachable from itself without needing to traverse an
edge of the graph.  Another related term is 'transitive closure' in which
a given set of nodes is used to indicate a larger graph consisting of all
nodes reachable from the initiating set.  The initiating set is included
because you want to find the largest connected subgraph containing the
initiating set of nodes.

[I believe I mumbled a few other attempts at explaining that a node can
reach itself degenerately, but the fact is so obvious to me that I didn't
come up with wording better than the above.]

In any case, I recall Mark saying OK after I said we could make a change
if needed BUT that a node is reachable from itself so the initial vertices
are recalculated.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

"Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Sent by: public-forms-request@w3.org
06/19/2007 02:37 PM

<public-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Last draft of F2F minutes for Hawthorne

Note that the links to previous minutes are broken in these minutes, so
there needs to be at least one more round.
Also we should remove the word "draft."
I'm on vacation after this week so it would be good if we could approve
the minutes tomorrow so I can make a final version.